Why Choose AIM
Why AIM? Here’s our answer in a nutshell; click each header to explore further:
- High-quality Montessori, from toddler through sixth grade. At AIM, your child will experience a quality Montessori environment, from his first day in our toddler program, all the way to sixth grade. While there are other Montessori options in the East Bay, very few can boast as vibrant an elementary program as AIM. If you think you might want to opt for Montessori beyond preschool, or are interested in continuing your child’s bilingual education in Mandarin Chinese or Japanese through the elementary years, AIM should be on the short list of schools you visit.
- Language immersion, done right. Is your goal for your child to not just understand, but also speak and write his second language? At AIM, we share the goal of enabling children to become fully bilingual: we want to equip your child with active, not just passive language skills, which is why we offer a full immersion environment. This means that all children have extended periods each day where all their teachers are native speakers of the second language.
- Carefully selected, experienced teachers and a strong, steady leadership team. Our team leaders at both the preschool and elementary level each have over two decades of Montessori experience; and our teachers are all highly-trained and experienced Montessori experts, as well as native speakers of the language they instruct in.
- A convenient campus location, with beautiful, bright classrooms. Check out our photo gallery, so you can see the great environment your child would get to spend his days in!
- A welcoming, active, multi-ethnic, multi-lingual community. Parents at our school bring with them heritages from many Asian and other countries. Our enthusiastic, engaged parent group organizes many events, and makes for a vibrant, community experience.
- Rave review by parents. Check out what parents have said about us—on Berkley Parents Net, Yelp and other review site.